CALL or TEXT 208 250 2181
JOHN B. TODD, ATTORNEY AT LAW
Mr. Todd has a private practice in Boise, Idaho in general law with a focus on state civil litigation and federal trial, appellate, criminal, bankruptcy and military-related cases. Mr. Todd has extensive jury trial experience in diverse courts and jurisdictions over the past 33 years.
Mr. Todd opened his private practice in civil law in September 1998 representing clients in state civil litigation, contract and real property disputes, domestic relations disputes and some criminal cases. Mr. Todd’s practice has evolved into mainly litigated cases in the state appellate, military spin-off cases such as court-martials, military pensions and Veteran Affairs.
LAW PRACTICE EXPERIENCE
- Presented three cases before the Idaho Supreme Court & Court of Appeals
- Represented accused in Idaho’s first serial rapist prosecution
- Boise Foothills land set aside controversy against City of Boise
- Litigated Dubay Hearing at Pensacola Naval Air Station from case originating at Sigonella NAS, Sicily; U.S. Military Court of Appeals
- Represented former Whitehouse legal counsel (military) in the Filegate controversy
- Presented two cases before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Defended a Senior Master Sergeant at Courts-Martial which resulted in an acquittal
JUDGE AVOCATE CORPS, (JAG)
US AIR FORCE
Mr. Todd trained as a government contracting officer at Whiteman AFB, Missouri. Mr. Todd then began his criminal experience as a Trial Counsel and later reassigned as the Area Defense Counsel at Elmendorf AFB, Anchorage, Alaska. While in Alaska, he traveled extensively throughout USAF’s western circuit defending courts-martials, notably Fairbanks, Sacramento, Seattle and Las Vegas.
- Senior Area Defense Counsel and squadron commander at Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
- General officer endorsement on Officer Performance Ratings as base contracting officer
- Government contracts and procurement education and training